The Adventures of Kidney Boy

A Journal About Living With End Stage Renal Disease. Dialysis. Transplants. Love. Family. Friends. The Unsung Donor. This is my life, from the end of a needle to the bottom of a pill bottle.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Another Summer for the books....

Wow. Another Summer has slid by... it's amazing how fast they go as you get older.  This one seemed to pass in the blink of an eye.

A lot of stuff happened this summer, and it's funny how it can be that your Summer seems so busy, yet you feel like you didn't do as much!  Well, it's probably because we moved house, and that ate up a lot of our time and money.  We didn't really get to travel much this summer - though we don't really travel much, last year we got to go to NYC and Boston.  I've been mostly a home body, due to budget constraints and time constraints.  I guess I just missed that feeling of being on the road.  One of my favorite things to do is to go on a road-trip with my wife. 

But that's life, and getting older.  Instead, I'm sitting here reading out things like Miley Cyrus Twerking.  I have to listen to adults - paid professionals on the news say the word "Twerk" or "twerking" over and over again.  And I chuckle.  Has life as an adult as been this ridiculous?  I don't know if I'm becoming more concious of the absolute ridiculousness of the "Adult World" or if it is a change.  Some girl dances seductively on stage, and we're still making a big deal out of it? We haven't really progressed much in 30 years, have we?  And you juxtapose that over more serious matters, such as issues in Syria.... and you just realize how surreal being alive is!

So, yeah - another Summer gone... and another year passes.  I wonder if I'm any wiser, or just more aware of the cyclical nature of the crap that is society.  Seriously - we have problems in the Middle East, some young female artist writhes suductively on a stage, politicians worry more about the moral fiber of people, but do less for it. Is this the 80's or are we into the second decade of the 21st Century?

Can't wait for next summer!

~Steve

1 comment:

  1. We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $450,000,00,All donors should reply via Email only: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete