The Adventures of Kidney Boy

A Journal About Living With End Stage Renal Disease. Dialysis. Transplants. Love. Family. Friends. The Unsung Donor. This is my life, from the end of a needle to the bottom of a pill bottle.

Monday, January 11, 2021

Memories of Vacations Past

 I saw an old picture from the first time I ever visited Orlando, FL and went to Walt Disney World. The time stamp on the photo reminded me that it was six years ago today. I can't believe that much time has flown by. That was a very special trip for me. We'd always wanted to go; a few years before, when I was on dialysis, my wife set up a trip for us that fell through.  So actually going on a vacation somewhere was really special for us.

I am flooded with memories and emotions about that trip, and the ensuing months. It was a very special time in my life, filled with a lot of joy, happiness, excitement... and love. 2020 being the year of covid for the world meant no vacations for anyone. I really need a get away. It's been a tough time.  Just want to go somewhere warm, relax and maybe find some happiness inside me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment