The Adventures of Kidney Boy

A Journal About Living With End Stage Renal Disease. Dialysis. Transplants. Love. Family. Friends. The Unsung Donor. This is my life, from the end of a needle to the bottom of a pill bottle.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Any Day Now

So, I didn't get the kidney last time.  But I got a call!

A glimmer of hope!  After four years!

I almost forgot what real hope feels like.  You glide along in this "maintenance" mode for years just to get by.... I mean, I've been on auto-pilot for years now..... but this.... I could get another call any day now, and the prospect of that is exciting.

I just wonder what life will be like post-transplant; will I have complications?  Will I get a reprieve, and live a "normal" life?  What will I do with myself?

The future is wide open - and full of possibilities.  Some of that is scary, no doubt, but I've got so many aspirations I can't be held down.

Soon.  I can feel it.

~Steve


1 comment:

  1. We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $500,000,00,( 3 CRORE INDIA RUPEES) All donors are to reply via Email only: hospitalcarecenter@gmail.com or Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmailcom
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete