The Adventures of Kidney Boy

A Journal About Living With End Stage Renal Disease. Dialysis. Transplants. Love. Family. Friends. The Unsung Donor. This is my life, from the end of a needle to the bottom of a pill bottle.

Sunday, May 31, 2020

The Kidney Boy Rides Alone.... again. (Naturally)

Two weeks ago, my wife came home and told me she was moving into her parents house. We've been splitting time with the kids ever since, and through therapy, I've come to accept that our marriage is over.  Lord, it's tough.  This is pretty common for people on dialysis, though.  The fact that we made it through the first time was a miracle.  Sometimes life is just to complicated, and even the purest love can't overcome the problems of circumstances.

We're getting along now, and I'm very happy for that, because we've got great kids.  And I really do love her - but we can't be miserable and fighting. Losing love sucks.  It sucks a lot - and it's going to be a long time before I am really ok.  We had 11 years of marriage and almost 14 years together.  That's the longest thing I've ever had in my adult life. Where I'll go now, I am not so sure.  But I'll go there with our kids, cause they're amazing.

But for now, there's going to be a lot of sad songs playing in my house.

1 comment:

  1. Stay Strong! I recently got a new kidney but I might have aHUS. I hope I can get through this as well.

    ReplyDelete