The Adventures of Kidney Boy

A Journal About Living With End Stage Renal Disease. Dialysis. Transplants. Love. Family. Friends. The Unsung Donor. This is my life, from the end of a needle to the bottom of a pill bottle.

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Thankful 2021

 Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to spend another Thanksgiving Day with my family. Just a little over 18 years ago now, my father donated a kidney to me, and I have been lucky enough to have been around for every Thanksgiving gathering since, with my family and with many others who have taken me into their hearts and homes. 

It's hard to put all the emotions I feel about being thankful into words - I surely exist right now solely because of the generosity and good grace of others. I have a family who has loved and supported me, unconditionally, though many ups and downs for so many years. So to say I'm thankful really undersells it. I am grateful that I've been able to live and allowed to pursue what has been a pretty amazing and crazy life so far. There have been triumphs and defeats, but the love and support has always been there. So many do not get this luxury, and I truly am one of the fortunate ones. 

Hoping that all of us can find a little more grace, a little more charity for one another, and a little more love in our hearts as the years go on. I remain thankful for everything I have been gifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment