The Adventures of Kidney Boy

A Journal About Living With End Stage Renal Disease. Dialysis. Transplants. Love. Family. Friends. The Unsung Donor. This is my life, from the end of a needle to the bottom of a pill bottle.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Looking back and taking stock

You know, I often get dragged down and depressed about how sick I became in the last 10 years, and how much it dragged my life down.

Which does have truth to it - but another part of the truth is, despite all the dialysis and botched surgeries I've had - I lived a pretty crazy and amazing life.  I've met SO many interesting people, and I've done a lot of interesting things.  Heh.  I guess as years go by, you tend to forget a lot of what has happened to you, and you can focus on stuff that's bothering you in the moment.

But I can honestly say - what felt like a life restrained for me was more than most would live.  Less than some, heh, but definitely more than most.  And though I do miss being young and carefree, I'm right where I should be.  Maybe I'm just generically pissed about growing up!  I think everyone from age 25-95 can relate to that.

~Steve

3 comments:

  1. We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $450,000,00,All donors should reply via Email only: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 7795833215

    ReplyDelete